– The system is not popular
– Students want to register quickly
– There are too many links and requires too many clicks to register
– Students have a hard time figuring out how to use the system
(Based on students we interviewed)
– Students think the system is confusing
– Students think the system is too tedious and takes too long
– Making everything easily accessible and easy to find should speed up the process and make it more enjoyable for the user
– Minimize amount of clicks required should also speed up the process and make it less confusing
1. Since students don’t like registering for classes and find it tedious. I propose making a system that automatically does most of the work for them. It looks at the classes that are required to graduate and finds classes that meet the requirements and fits in their schedule. Students can look at their pre-made schedule and make whatever changes they like. The student must approve the schedule before it is finalized.
2. According to our interviews a lot of users find the existing system tedious. Users want to quickly register for classes and get on with their lives. So, one idea I have is to put everything that is needed to register for classes on one screen, so students don’t have to click on a bunch of links to register for classes. This should make it less tedious and make it more organized.